Air fryer recipes are in demand. The appliance has become one of the main appliances for the kitchen.
The convenience of the machine is unmatched as a kitchen appliance that combines a heating element and a powerful fan to circulate hot air, like a convection oven.
Air fryers produce food that is crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside without frying. This cooking method is considered healthy, as the results are often impressive, even for roasting.
To recreate this juicy and flavorful soy sauce chicken recipe, you’ll need to make a simple marinade.
Soy Sauce Chicken Recipe for Air Fryer
450 grams of chicken thighs with skin
- 1 tablespoon regular soy sauce (not light or dark soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (or brown or white sugar)
- ½ tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing wine (or substitute with Dry Sherry Wine)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper (or black pepper)
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- Bone the chicken thighs by carefully making slits around the bone until it can be removed. Transfer the chicken thighs to a large bowl.
- Add the marinade ingredients to the bowl and massage the chicken until well coated. Marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight for best flavor.
- Spray the air fryer basket with neutral oil or cooking spray. Alternate option: Line just the base of the basket with a square piece of parchment paper. Make sure your parchment paper does not touch the hot elements of the air fryer. The latter facilitates cleaning.
- Place the chicken thighs in the basket in a single flat layer, skin side up. Do not overlap. You may need to air fry in two batches depending on how many thighs you can fit without overlapping.
- Air fry for 9-10 minutes at 375°C or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F and the skin is browned to your liking. No need to flip halfway through.
- Optional: Remove the cooked chicken and cut it into pieces. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
This recipe was found on christieathome.com