Following the instructions given below will resolve 95% of your printer problems. This however does not provide information on how to fix advanced printer issues, and it will need a technical support service to perform such tasks as configuring a wireless printer to router or setting up a static internet protocol connection for your printer or all-in-one multifunction device. Even reputed printer manufacturers such as HP, Epson, Canon, and Fujitsu face recall on top of the line products due to hardware issues, and it is highly recommended that if your issues have not been diagnosed as software or compatibility problems, then you take it to the dealer for repair and maintenance.
Step 1: How do you know that my printer has a problem? industrial inkjet printer
This is simple. The printer refuses to print. But what if it is printing too slowly or hangs when you send a print command? Depending on the quality of your printer, there are a number of measures that you could take to resolve such problems. HP or Cannon support has online customer service services which allow you to register a known issue on your product. You could have the dealer replace it under the given warranty conditions. If nothing else works, then admit that you made the wrong decision and go ahead and get one of the top 5 printers for home and office use.
Step 2: How do you identify the printer issue?
When any hardware fails to execute a command, your Windows computer will show you an error message or code. You can use this error message to search for the issue on Google or any other search engine. This will draw out results from a number of forums where you can get help from other users who have been facing the same problems.
If you see no error code, then here are some simple ways to check if your printer is working or not.
- Make sure that the printer is plugged in. Reconnect all device cords and reboot your computer. This will also resolve any application errors.
- Make sure that the printer is turned on and all status lights are responding.
- If it is a wireless printer, make sure that it is connected to the network via WI-FI or router
- Print a test page. All printers have a self diagnostic wizard which you can reach from the task bar icon, control panel, or start menu.
- Make sure that you are sending print commands to the right printer. Wireless printers are often mistaken if you have multiple printer of the same brand running on the network. Make sure that the model and make is the right one before running diagnostic again.
- Check your internet connection to see if wireless printer is accessible. Just open your browser and open any site that is not cached on your computer